Saturday, May 9, 2009

Exhausted

I've had an exhausting last couple of days. I don't think the heat is helping anything either. It is still holding strong and humid. I had to take a nap today after sitting outside reading. The sun just drained the energy out of me!

But anyway, the last couple of days, I have been positively spent. My sleep pattern was not what it usually is (I usually can't keep my eyes open past about 9:30pm) and I am not one who does well without sleep. Thursday night was the worst. I didn't feel even remotely tired and didn't even end up falling asleep until 11pm...only to wake up for work at 6:15am the next morning. Oh, and the dogs woke me up for a good 15 minutes around midnight...awesome.

I made it through the day alright, even despite the kids being nuts (one of my ADD kids wasn't on his meds and was not fun to deal with) and going to lunch THIRTY minutes late (we were short-staffed in the cafeteria, but then one of the aides just up and left before me, even though my lunch was first)! But, it was all good because it was Friday! But then, I came home to a letter from the city telling me to cut my lawn within a week or they would take legal action because its a fire hazard. I pretty much broke down after that. The weight of everything (mostly because of/about the deployment) just came crashing down on me. It seems like its a neverending cycle of one thing after another. I just didn't want to have to do it all anymore. The truck still isn't fixed, the patio still isn't fixed...it was all just too much.

Thankfully, I'm much better now (the 2 hour nap today helped and God and I had a heart to heart), but I really wish we didn't have 7 more months until Nick comes home. I know a lot of it was because I was tired, but having to do it all on your own can be really exhausting and overwhelming. Usually I'm pretty accepting of the deployment situation, but these days seem to pop up every now and then and they just suck.

Oh, and I'm really sick of walking 2 dogs by myself. When we're just normally walking, its not so bad. My dogs are actually really good on a leash and I'm used to it. But, my stupid neighborhood has a ridiculous amount of stray dogs/owners who let their dogs wander the streets unsupervised, and that leads to at least 5 minutes of me attempting to drag 2 dogs down the sidewalk who are pulling in opposite directions because there is a dog trying to play with them. It is physically exhausting.

Ok, rant over. Time to relax and enjoy the rest of my Saturday!


2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

When I get exhausted I can get the same way. I feel like I have so much to do and it'll never get done. I'm glad you were able to get some rest! I hope everything is getting straightened out.

It's funny (well not really) that you got a notice about your grass...I did too this week! What do they expect it's been raining non stop here! And Hello! Matt is gone and he's the one who deals with the outside lol

R.A.B. said...

Do you need Avery and me to come over and mow? I'm with you...this past week was EXHAUSTING!!!