I found out recently that a soldier in Nick's brigade was a victim. He had just come back from Iraq, in fact. Thankfully, he's doing really well, especially considering he had a 50/50 shot on Thursday. As of yesterday, he was standing on his own. Totally amazing.
But ya, it's been an interesting couple of days. I've kind of been in a fog lately, although I feel like it's lifting somewhat. At this point, it feels like it wasn't real. Or at least, it's not as present in my mind. I'm lucky that I haven't needed to go on post since, and I don't really plan on it for another week or so. I'm not really scared, but it'll definitely be weird and bring it back to the forefront of my mind.
Things are kind of going back to normal though. My toilet got fixed this week, yay! That was a huge load off. I'm so glad we have 2 bathrooms, but it was a bit of a pain to not be able to use the master bathroom (since the toilet was being stored in my shower). But now I can again!
Yesterday was really busy and fun. I got invited to a Pampered Chef party and got a whole bunch of fun new toys for the kitchen, woo! Then, one of the lovely ladies that used to be in our battalion had a bunch of us over for dinner. Her husband is home and cooked us an absolutely delicious meal! We were all seriously in a food coma by the end of it. Soooo good. It was just a fun, goofy night. I'm totally exhausted today though.
Not too much longer until Nick comes home!!! I'm not quite feeling the pressure to get everything done, but it does feel like it's soon. Yay! We're getting there!
2 comments:
Glad you had a great, busy weekend. Makes things fly by! See ya Tuesday??
Hi from another Army wife :)
I can imagine being at Ft. Hood would make it all the more real. It was such a horrible tragedy :(
I love Pampered chef too. They have a lot of cool stuff :)
Post a Comment