Thursday, November 19, 2009

Update

We're getting to the home stretch! Almost to single digits, woohoo! Although, time definitely seems like it's slowing down some. My to-do list is shrinking, and most of the major stuff is done (woohoo!). I got my house cleaned yesterday, and it looks so nice! I'm glad I didn't have to give it a really good scrub down. I'm much better at keeping it clean (which I definitely have to do).

My new FRG (Family Readiness Group)- since Nick changed jobs a couple months ago- had an end of deployment party last night. It was pretty fun, and thankfully, I know a bunch of people already. They had door prizes and Olive Garden, yum! It was hard to hear when everyone else's husband is coming home though, since Nick is on one of the last flights. I know we're still really close, but I couldn't help but feel slightly bummed out. I know at least one wife who's in the same boat though, so that's good. I'm hoping my Thanksgiving plans aren't going to be altered since hubbies will be home. It'll kind of suck being husbandless in a room full of couples, but not as much as not having Thanksgiving plans.

Somehow yesterday, the heart charm on my necklace fell off and I have no idea where it is. I have a sneaking suspicion that a certain dog named Rufus may have eaten it since I looked down to see the chain on the floor with the charm nowhere in sight. Of course, this is a necklace that Nick gave me that has our birthstones. I normally wear it everyday, so it's absence is obvious and keeps bumming me out. I'm hoping it'll turn up, and hopefully not in a gross place.

Today was the last day of work until sometime after the new year (they haven't narrowed down a time yet for their next bible study). I'm hoping most of the same kids will be there next time...although I could do without some of the 2 year old drama. Two kids went to time-out today and there was definitely a temper tantrum. Even still, it's going to be weird not taking care of these kids for awhile after seeing them every week for 2 months.

Crossing my fingers that time goes quickly!!!


3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh I def. hear you on the whole husband on one of the last flight deals. The group Erick left with will be home in Dec sometime and since he has switched jobs and that unit was the last to leave he's the last to come home, plus his position right now- so we're looking at mid January. BLAH. It's def hard knowing we could have been home 2 weeks earlier if his job didn't change! Hang in there! And I hope you find the charm! I lost an earring or well it's been missing for months- I'm pretty bummed about it too!

lola said...

I hope time passes quickly for you! :) It's so exciting to be nearing the end!

R.A.B. said...

You can come by my room more often if you get lonely. :) I really appreciate your help!