Friday, November 13, 2009

Short Days

My mom mentioned last week that she felt extremely unmotivated once it got dark in the evening. This week, I totally experienced this as well. I think it's partially due to the fact that I my major project of the week is painting my bathroom, and I took down the light to get the walls textured. So, once it gets dark, I can't really work in there anymore. It's crazy though, once 5:30 hits, the day magically seems like it's over. All I feel like doing is sitting down and watching TV. But there are still like 4 hours until bedtime. I think it's helping me get to sleep earlier though, which is always a good thing.

I know Daylight Savings happens every year (well, twice a year), but the past couple years, it has seemed like a total adjustment for me. I'm sooo ready for winter -who wouldn't be when you've just lived through a Texas summer AND your husband will soon be coming home from a deployment. The one good thing about all this is the days definitely seem to be going by quickly!

I promise, pictures of my bathroom will come tomorrow! I'm going to do a few more touch-ups, but I finished the major work today. I just forgot to take a picture before the sun went down, and then realized I still have all the painter's tape up anyway (it'll look better without it, believe me). Yay for being productive! At least while the sun was still up anyway.

2 comments:

Herding Chaos said...

I really want to repaint one of our bathrooms. It's a really small one which makes it easier.. lol but some spaces are tight.

can't wait to see pictures!

R.A.B. said...

Go you. Can't wait to see it!