Thursday, January 7, 2010

On the Road Again

We're entering our 5th of around 8 hours on the road today. Nick's driving for the moment, and the dogs are passed out in the back, so I thought I'd update.

Nick and I took a "mini vacation" to Yosemite (within our overall trip to California) for a few days, and it was awesome! There was a bunch of snow on the ground and it was absolutely gorgeous! Plus, we got a really sweet package that included a whole bunch of free stuff:
-lift tickets
-ski and snowboard equipment rental
-ice skating
-tubing
-tour if the valley

We didn't use all of it, seeing as we were only there 2 full days, but we did take advantage of a lot of it! Yay for being able to go somewhere mid week in early January!

The first day, we went hiking around a "lake" (it's actually like a pond) and a waterfall and went ice skating. I think I've only ice skated like twice in my life, and am notoriously horrible at skating, but it ended up being really fun! And we didn't fall once, woohoo!

The next day, we went snowboarding and I did pretty well, considering I've only done it once! The first few runs were a little rough, but then I remembered what I was doing and stopped falling quite as much. And eventually, I didn't totally crash off of the chair lifts, ha ha. Pretty much every muscle in my body hurts today, but it was really fun and worth it. Nick took a snowboarding class his last year at West Point, so of course, he was really good and had lots of fun too! That night, we also went out to dinner at the fancy restaurant in Yosemite valley, and boy, was it tasty! We also capped off the night making s'mores over an indoor fire. So romantic and fun!

We took another short hike this morning and got some souveniers -a vintage poster, black and white Ansel Adams postcards, and a couple ornaments. Then we took a whole bunch of pictures and started our drive back to the in-law's. We picked up the dogs and said our goodbyes.

And now we're on the way to my parent's house and then another mini vacation tomorrow. Phew! Not too shabby. It's obviously been a pretty awesome trip and we still have a week left! The In-n-Out Burger count is now to 7, by the way.

Oh, and we're pretty happy that we're missing the freezing temperatures is Texas right now! It was kind of sad that it was warmer in Yosemite (a place with snow) than in Texas right now. I don't think that happens too often.

I'll try to post pictures of the gorgeousness of Yosemite soon!

- Posted from Court's iPhone

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad to hear things are going well!! Be safe out on the roads!