Friday, April 16, 2010

FINISHED!!!

So the stocking I started for Nick way back in October is finally finished, woohoo! I put the final touches on it yesterday. I originally wanted to have it done for Christmas, but with Nick coming home and the amount of work that actually went into it, that obviously didn't happen.

Since I didn't have a strict deadline (uh yeah, next Christmas is a little far away), I've just been working on it here and there when I had some free time. It is definitely a nice feeling to have it finally DONE though! And I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself:

The finished product


A little closer view


Nick is pretty excited about it. And I'm pretty impressed with it, especially since I had no idea what I was doing going into it. Now, I just have to get mine started! Although I do have the entire month of June open now...goody.

Is it bad if I want to bust out my stocking hangers & hang it from the mantel?


4 comments:

Heather said...

So cute!! And I know how long those stockings take... I have made 3 of them! I was still trying to finish ours up the year Grace was born and make hers so my Mom ended up helping with them quite a bit. But I can say that I did all of Grace's except for her name and the backing!! And I did most of the others but it just goes so much faster with two sets of hands.

Jennifer said...

That's so cute, I can't believe you made it! I don't blame you for wanting to hang it on the mantle now!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That looks awesome! I say break out the hanger and hang that bad boy up!

KLutz said...

Very impressive! I'm not crafty at all, I can't even imagine taking on something like that. You should be proud of yourself!