Wow, what a great experience! It made the whole process seem so much less intimidating. So far I've only seen things from the paperwork perspective, but this was a conversation. It was one person caring about another person and listening to what was going on in their life.
I have to admit, I had been getting a little bit anxious about the counseling room since we're so on top of the data entry now. I'm still definitely not anywhere near ready to take on the counseling room by myself, but it was a great opportunity to see what actually happens in there. And it made me excited about it all again.
I kind of wish there were enough counselors to let us go in as pairs and play off each other all the time, but I will be going in with another person for awhile. And I'm sure with time and practice, I'll continue to get more comfortable with the whole situation. And it's all practice with active listening and reading people.
I'm still not totally sure how much training I'll get done before we move in the fall, but I'll definitely keep going on this track and see where God wants me from there.
No comments:
Post a Comment