Thursday, April 15, 2010

Normal Week

It's been a pretty normal week, so not too much to update about. It's been busy, but not too bad.

Our grass is starting to grow in the backyard, YAY! It's definitely green out there. Unfortunately, a lot of the green is due to weeds. So, I've been doing lots and lots of weeding. Not my favorite job in the least. I feel like it's just an endless job. Despite being out there an hour or more, I feel like I've barely made a dent. But, I've taken the opportunity to listen to sermons, and it's nice to be able to spend some time outside with the dogs in the sun.

I listened to a sermon this week from our prospective new church in Georgia & I think it'll be a really good fit. The pastor gets really passionate during the sermons, which is new for me, but definitely not a bad thing. Otherwise I think it was totally on par with what we believe and they aren't afraid to say the name Jesus, so that is always a good thing! I'm anxious to have Nick listen to a sermon & see what he thinks.

I forgot to mention that Nick went out turkey hunting again last weekend (and plans on doing it this weekend as well). But alas, no turkeys yet! He's getting really close though- he keeps hearing and seeing them- so hopefully it will be soon! He's going out again on Saturday, so keep your fingers crossed!

Hmmm...what else...oh the pregnancy center is still good. I definitely still feel like I'm contributing. Yesterday, they had us focus primarily on inputting files into the computer since there is a board meeting coming up. I'm happy to say that we're caught up through the end of March, woohoo! Although yesterday, I found a file from February, so you never know what might sneak through.

Training has been kind of put on hold since they've been so behind on getting the files into the computer. So, I don't know when I'll pick that back up. Not that I'm anywhere near ready to start counseling yet. I still feel like I'm contributing though, especially when I see how essential it is for those files to get into the computer, and how happy everyone is when I show up to do it, ha ha.

Work is good too. The two bible studies (the ladies' bible study and the recovery bible study) both met today and I was anticipating lots of kids. I even tried to get another set of hands for the day, and was a little stressed when it didn't pan out. But, we only ended up having 7 kids total, so it wasn't bad at all. One of the moms even stopped by to give me a thank you note, which was so sweet of her.

Nick is finally on the way home from work, woohoo, so I'm gonna get dinner started.


No comments: