1- The Spring
It is currently 85 degrees and sunny! Hard to believe it was barely 60 degrees last week, or that it snowed in mid-February! Notice that I didn't say "the weather", because I've never lived somewhere with crazier weather. There are weeks when the weather changes 40 degrees in either direction. It's nuts! Also, in a few short weeks it will be crazy hot again and I will be living in the A/C.
2- Mexican Food
Ya, Tex-Mex is a little different than Mexican food in California, but mmm, it is tasty! And I love me some Mexican food! We only had 1 "pretty good" Mexican restaurant in Kentucky, and man, it was rough. Give me Chipotle or some sour cream enchiladas any day.
3- Hobby Lobby
Only like the greatest store ever! They have awesome weekly sales and I have stocked up on decorations for every holiday imaginable. It is way addicting. I always seem to find something I "need" while shopping there and I've had to restrain myself from checking it out every single week. It also makes me think I'm crafty, although I've made some very cool things from supplies I got there (see Nick's stocking).
4-Thunderstorms
We get some good ones around here! Although they sometimes lead to tornadoes (which I thankfully haven't had to experience yet), they're soooo cool to watch. The other day, in the span of 5 minutes, it proceeded to hail, pour rain, and then become sunny and warm with a rainbow. Nothing cooler than that.
5-Barbeque
Mmmmm! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! It's a really good thing our favorite BBQ restaurant is 45 minutes away because otherwise, we would be chubby from all the brisket. Yum yum yum!
1 comment:
Hmmm...I've lived in Texas all my life and Zack is stationed at Ft. Hood so that won't be changing anytime soon (I really couldn't live without TexMex). I had no idea that Hobby Lobby is a southern thing! I will never take it for granted again! I don't think I've ever bought anything from there that wasn't 50% off.
Post a Comment