Some couple friends of ours had a get together at their house on Friday night, so we stopped by there for a few hours. It was really fun, but I think we left at the right time because it sounds like it got interesting after we left, ha ha. Good think Nick had to wake up early for hunting on Saturday. Sadly, he still hasn't had any luck getting a turkey, although it was super rainy, so I'm not terribly surprised.
Then, Alice & her husband had a nautical-themed party that was celebrating someone else taking over his job (so like an unofficial change of command). They went all out with the costumes. She was a pirate and he was Neptune- the god of the sea. It was definitely interesting when our pastor (who lives in their neighborhood) walked by, ha ha.
Then, today of course was church and then we went out to lunch with Nick's old West Point roommate and his wife.
Super fun weekend, but I am tired! It was nice to catch up with people though. We hadn't seen the couples besides Alice & her husband since February, so it was long overdue!
I've mentioned before that we've been talking about making disciples in our young married's class and today's lesson was really cool. It was basically what your life should look like as a follower of Christ. It was really nice seeing that concept actually laid out in a practical sense. I'm excited to learn more!
No comments:
Post a Comment