Nick found out yesterday that they're planning on sending his unit to Louisiana for almost the entire month of June. And apparently it's so that they can support another unit doing training. They're not even the ones doing training.
Well, there goes our June. Needless to say, neither of us are very happy about this. He's especially not happy that he has to go to the humid, buggy swamps of Louisiana in June. Most of the guys he knows in the unit will be gone by then, and he's just not really sure what exactly he will be doing for a month. We do have some friends at the post in Louisiana, at least and Nick is excited at the prospect of hanging out with them.
I'm not happy that they're stealing my husband away for almost an entire month. Oh, and thay they decided to let us know about it in April.
If they were the ones doing the training, it would at least be a little more worth it. Not that we'll be here for their next deployment anyway. It's just annoying.
I really don't have a lot to complain about as far as the Army goes. The deployment had a lot of really hard times, but past that, we've had it pretty good. I just hate curveballs like this.
And I just really don't know what I'm going to do with myself for a month without Nick. At least 3 of my friends will be gone, and school will be out for the summer, so no volunteering in Rachel's classroom. I pretty much just have work and volunteering at the pregnancy center, which I might step up to more days a week. Hopefully my new pool buddies will be up for going to the pool a bunch too. I'll be alright, it's just really not how I envisioned my June. And it really came out of left field.
Hopefully, we'll get lots of time off in July like we're supposed to. Rant over.
- Posted from Court's iPhone
gratitude
1 day ago
2 comments:
Ugh! I am sorry. I do hate all of the curve balls that the Army throws. Maybe you can go down to LA for a mini vacation while he is there???
Wow. SUCK! I'll be here through the 2-3 week of June. I might be up for the pool if I'm waiting around for the movers. :)
Post a Comment