I really think the problem was that this was my first full weekend at home since I got back from vacation and it seemed like there was a ton of stuff to do. I'm really grateful it was a 3-day weekend, because I was actually able to accomplish a lot and still have the time to relax. I even took a few naps! And I got to hang out a bunch with my friends Rachel & Michelle, which was really fun. I think I would've been bored without them!
I was obviously just a little bit stressed out and the "deployment brain", as Rachel likes to call it, was definitely not helping. I still have it (I kind of feel like I'm in a fog most of the time), but its not driving me as crazy. Rufus is still giving me a little bit of a run for my money. Today he stole the tissue box off the counter and pulled all the tissues out and ripped them to shreds...awesome. And his new found love for pillows hasn't ceased yet. I think he's acting up a bit since Nick is gone and he was in the kennel for so long. I guess weaning him off of his pen isn't going to happen in the near future. I'm gonna keep working on it though. And Scout has gone on a food stealing rampage (Rufus' food), so I need to watch him a little closer.
Today was back to work. It was an inservice, or "professional training" day, so it was kind of boring. They had stuff for aides this time though, so that was good. For one of our sessions, we worked with a computer program. I don't really understand the rationale behind that one though. They don't give us computers (they give them to the teachers), so I don't really know when we're supposed to use our new found skills. It was fun playing around with a computer though and helping all the non-technical people (I'm the techie of the group). So it wasn't a complete waste of time or anything, it was just confusing.
I also found out I'll probably be working with 3rd & 4th graders now, and they're pulling another aide from elsewhere to help. I don't have my official schedule yet, but I know my mornings are going to be pretty much the same. I guess I'm still doing lunch duty, which is fine, but I'm going to try to see if I can get out of my ISS (In School Suspension) duty twice a month. It definitely doesn't sound seem as bad as I was worried it would be, so thats good.
Haven't talked to Nick in a few days, which sucked. The phone and internet at the outpost went out, so he couldn't call or get online. I got a message from him today and hopefully will talk to him either tonight or tomorrow, yay! Its kind of frustrating that I had all this free time this weekend and didn't get to talk to him, but oh well.
1 comment:
I love productive weekends.
Yesterday I did not leave my house or get out of my PJs.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone though!
Post a Comment