Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Weekend

I didn't get a chance to update this weekend because I was busy busy! On Saturday I ended up getting the truck all parked and for sale on post, yay! That was a huge relief, especially since seeing it parked in the driveway was a constant reminder that I needed to get it done. It was one of those things that I wished Nick could've done before he left. But now its done and I'm just waiting for somebody to call about it!

I asked one of Nick's friends if he'd come with me for the test drive and stuff and he agreed, so that's good too. I had the feeling it would be primarily guys calling about it and I thought they might look at me and think I knew nothing about the car and try to take advantage. So that shouldn't be a problem, yay!

I relaxed a lot and also did some more tidying around the house and set up my new Wii Fit, yay! I finally got one!!! I actually didn't try it out until tonight, but it soooo fun. Its definitely a nice alternative to the gym and makes working out a little more fun. It also said my BMI is normal (yay!), although my Wii Fit Age is 42...ouch. Apparently my balance sucks. Which is probably true because my posture is pretty bad. I was literally doing the exact poses it was showing as examples of bad posture. Oops! So that should be fun. I only did like 20 minutes, but I'm going to try to make it a daily thing. Scout wasn't quite sure what to think about it, but he did pretty well.

Anyway, on Saturday, I also went over to my friend Michelle's house and watched a movie which was sooo fun. I love just hanging out. I actually ended up driving Michelle to the airport on Sunday too. She's going "home" for a month, boo. But at least its only a month. So, while I was in Austin, I went to my favorite BBQ place (Rudy's yum!), and bought a few things at the Container Store and Aaron Brothers. Nick's brother did some great black & white photos of us before Nick left and so I had to get a couple frames for those. And I lucked out because it was the last day of the sale at Aaron Brothers, so I ended up getting 2 8x10 frames for $25 total, woo! Then, at the Container Store, I got a few random boxes and things to help organize the house. I'm really excited about this fabric bin I got for our shoes that closes with zippers & velcro. Now Rufus can't get into the shoes & chew mine up!!! But ya, it was nice to get some stuff to organize without breaking the bank.

I also had church on Sunday. I started volunteering in the nursery once a month and this was my first time. I did 3 year olds with another teacher and it was really fun. The kids were absolutely adorable! I'm actually excited for the next time I do it!!! And, I went to the deployed spouses group, which is always good. One of the other wives from Nick's unit actually started coming, so thats cool. And we keep getting new ladies every week, mostly from Nick's batallion. Its just nice to be surrounded by people who get it. I love knowing that there are people praying for Nick and I and that there are tons of ladies who have been through this.

I got to talk to Nick awhile after work today which was nice. I think he stayed up late to talk to me. He was at the outpost all weekend, so I hadn't gotten to talk to him. I finally feel like we're actually getting a chance to talk, other than quick 15-20 minute conversations.

I'm making Garlic Parmesan Chicken tonight for dinner which sounds really good. The smell eminating from my oven is making my mouth water, ha ha. I realized I didn't really cook anything new this month, so I had to scramble for a couple recipes. I think I'm going to try Spinach Artichoke Dip next. I'll have to figure out my February recipes soon. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

I'll have to update on my deployment goals. I realized I didn't really update on them when a month rolled around, so I'll definitely have to for month 2. The holidays kind of threw things off though anyway.

I got a package in the mail from Nick today...its going to be tempting not being able to open it until Valentines Day!!!


3 comments:

corkyshell said...

Sounds like you had a VERY productive weekend. And yeah for Wii Fit. They told David, he was overweight and off-balance and hes the most in-shape human being I know, hahaha :)

And that dinner sounds mouth-watering!

Dan said...

Yummy dinner -- let us know before you make things like that and we will head that way! LOL! Glad your WiiFit arrived!

hill said...

hi courty! i just found out about a new EASY dish to make. i'll be making it tomorrow night: flour tortilla, chicken (already baked) bbq sauce & mozzarella in the oven for less than 10 mins. sounds good. i suppose you could either use 1 tortilla and fold in half or make it like a quesadilla. i'll tell you how it turns out.
xoxo.