Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Back Into the Groove

So I'm slowly getting back into my routine. Just having the dogs around again is an adjustment. Scout has decided that he wants to get fed at 5am now instead of 6, so I've had to subdue him so I can get my sleep! Sleeping in a bed with 2 dogs is always interesting too! The first night, it was like a competition to see who could get the closest they could to me. Pretty funny! And Rufus isn't really that snuggly to begin with, so this is new.

Work has been good. I can't help but love my kids. They are too cute! Oh, and they are giving me more responsibility starting next week. Apparently it will span from 1st-5th though...don't know how thats going to work. They might get me out of my lunch duty though so I'll have an extra 1.5 hours a day. I don't know how exactly I feel about all this, but its not really up to me. And its not like they have any other options, unfortunately. So, I guess I'll just keep praying about that one.

I'm still kind of in errand and to-do list mode. I feel like by the time I actually sit down after work it's almost time for dinner and then bed follows soon after. I'm not really complaining though. I'd rather be busy, for sure. I am looking forward to the weekend though!

I went over to a friend's house last night and got to bring the dogs, yay! Her husband is home on R&R and obviously missed Christmas, so they kind of did a Christmas repeat last night. I didn't stay for the Christmas movies, but I did partake in the steak dinner, yum! The dogs had fun with her beagle, although Scout was getting a little too friendly, which was surprising because I would've pegged Rufus as the one to do that. Oh well. Good times though, although I was very happy to get in bed at the end of the night and snuggle with the pups. I like this girl, but I don't think we're going to become BFFs or anything, ha ha. All good though.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well. Its weird being back home again. Although I like "my" stuff, its also "our" stuff, so it goes both ways. Oh, but we are officially ONE MONTH down today, woohoo! I'd like to say it flew by, but I don't know. Being home was fun, but there was definitely a lot of downtime, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm better when I'm busy though. I think the next month might go a little bit quicker.

No comments: