Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings

As much as I love the fact that it is now going to get darker later, Daylight Savings Time is kicking my butt. It was so painful waking up this morning at 7:15 and having it be dark out. Although I guess it doesn't really matter on weekdays, since I'm up for work well before then. But still. Losing that hour of sleep was tough too. I think I still got like 8 hours, but it was really tough getting up this morning. I wanted to take a nap when I got home from church, but the dogs weren't having it. And, of course, now, when I actually need to go to sleep, I'm wide awake. This is definitely going to take some getting used to.

The sun set today at like 7:30pm though, which is sweet. That means I can enjoy my patio and relax outside longer/later...maybe I'll even eat dinner out there. I've been watching the stools that match our new table (the one that I built) and they finally got a little bit cheaper, so I jumped on them. Hopefully they'll get here before I go out of town next weekend for Spring Break. I probably won't get the chance to put them together, but at least I'll have them and they won't be sitting on my front porch for a week.

I'm starting to get really excited for Spring Break. I'm going up to my grandmother's house on San Juan Island off of Washington State...one of my favorite places in the world. Its absolutely gorgeous up there. Although my parents and my brother just got up there this weekend, and apparently its snowing!!! Ya, it was like 85 today here. Might be a little drastic of a change, ha ha! But there will be lots of tea & cocoa and curling up on the couch with a blanket...sounds pretty good to me! Hopefully this week of school will be much faster than the last one!!!

No comments: