Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Ordeal

I finally have time to update! I kind of took the night off because I was completely exhausted coming home from work today & had a headache pretty much all day. I skipped working out (obviously) and taking the dogs on a walk (also because there was a storm on the horizon) and just laid around. It was wonderful.

Obviously, yesterday was a little bit stressful. What was meant to be a 30 minute errand turned into a 2 hour ordeal. I was taking Nick's truck off post because unfortunately, it didn't sell (grr) and their policy is that you have to take it off the lot for a month. I had my friend drive me there and after a little hiccup, the truck started up fine. I managed to drive about a mile when it completely died. I pulled over and after a few more tries, I called the roadside assistance.

Of course, it was an 800 number so they had no idea what I was talking about when I was trying to explain where I was on Fort Hood. Like, I was near a gas station & they were like, what is the name of the gas station? Ya, it literally just says Gas Station. And they asked what the cross streets were...I was off a main road, but I was basically coming out of a parking lot. Good times. Thankfully, the people in town knew to call me to figure out where I was.

Anyway, then this one guy came and tried to jump start the car (I mentioned it might be the battery) and put gas in it...no go. So, he said I needed to call a tow truck. Awesome. So I called and waited about 30 minutes for that to get there. Finally, they showed up and I got home around 8:30. My poor dogs hadn't eaten yet, I hadn't had dinner, and it was about time to go to bed.

It was just so frustrating being stuck literally for hours and not being able to do anything about it. I felt so helpless. And really, in the end, I just got home. I still have to somehow get it to a shop and have them fix it. Inevitably, I just wanted to get home last night and not have to deal with a shop (which would have probably been closed at that point and would've meant I needed a ride home). Which is going to mean more time and money. I'm so glad we're getting rid of this car (if it'll ever sell) because I don't want to have to deal with stuff like this anymore. Honestly, we've never had a problem with it. Yes, it was sitting in a parking lot for like a month without being driven, but still. My car would be totally fine if that happened.

I wrote Nick a big huge E-mail about it (he was already well asleep by this time). I think what made it worse is that I couldn't call him and vent about it. I just had to suck it up and deal with it by myself. I did have some friends call or offer to help (and pray for me, thanks D.A.R!), which I am so thankful for. But really, the only option was having it towed. It wasn't going anywhere. Good times.

This is an instance of what we Army wives like to call Murphy's Law of Deployment. Anything that can go wrong while our guys are gone will go wrong. This is my first hit from Murphy, but man, it was rough. And I'm already a little stressed out between trying to sell this truck, and getting my taxes done, and just the amount of stuff on my to-do list. And transitioning back to normal life from Spring Break hasn't been exactly fun either. I'll be very glad when this week is over! I think the stress from yesterday made me feel sick all day today. So again, I'm trying to just give it over to God and get on with life. I don't have to get the truck fixed anytime soon anyway.

Oh, and I promise pictures from Spring Break to come soon! I may have to steal some from my brother because he took a million.



No comments: