Truthfully, I'm slightly bored with today, but I think that's because I haven't started a project or anything, knowing I'm going to bed within a few hours and have work tomorrow. I've done the not working thing, and I know I go slightly crazy. But a nice break every now & then is good. And I wouldn't complain if I had another day added to my weekend...
Anyway, yesterday I lazed around pretty much all day. It was glorious. I attempted to go do some stuff with my car (not the broken-down one that's still sitting outside my house), but found out I couldn't do it until Monday...oh well. No huge loss there. I really didn't do much of anything until that evening, when I went to the coffee I co-hosted for my battalion. It turned out being pretty fun! It wasn't quite the crazy party it was last time, but we had a good time chit-chatting and stuff. We decided on a St. Patrick's Day theme, so we did some beer-tasting which was fun. I found some beer I can actually tolerate, ha ha. I was actually the one to shop for the beer and apparently I did a pretty good job! I had to get some weird ones, like blackberry and banana bread, which were actually decent. Here's a picture from last night:




Pretty much the same ladies as last time & a couple new ones. Next month we're going to have sushi, yum! So that was fun.
Then today was church, which was great, as usual. I hadn't been to a service in a couple of weeks (Spring Break, nursery last week), so it was really nice to go to one today. It reminded me how much I love my church. After this crazy week, I was able to praise God for getting me through it. And the sense of peace I had about everything was amazing.
And Heroes at Home was great this week! I know I recently wrote about how frustrated I was that the leaders of the group were leaving at the end of May. But, I was talking to some of the other ladies today, and even if there isn't a replacement to lead the group, we really want to make the effort to try to get together a few times a month. So that was really exciting! I really feel like I'm getting to know people in that group. There are 2 ladies in particular I really like, one of which keeps sitting with me during the service. So that's really cool.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty chill. Rach came over yesterday to deliver my candles from the candle party (my house smells so good!). I was telling her about all the crazy house and car stuff thats been popping up, and she offered to let me borrow her husband to help. So they came over today and helped me get into the attic (long story, but I finally put my Christmas ornaments away, ha ha), checked out the car (still have to take it to a mechanic, boo. But at least I know I'm not crazy), and helped fix the roof of the patio because this happened:

Somehow with all the rain we've been getting recently, it pooled on the roof & made it sag like this. So now all the water is gone, although I think we have to replace that one piece of roof. Oh, and my neighbors fixed the fence, so now more jailbreaks from the dogs! Yay! I swear though, this has been the week that everything goes wrong. Does that mean the rest of the deployment will be smooth sailing? Please?
No comments:
Post a Comment