Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break

Just wanted to do a quick update. I'm spending my Spring Break up in Washington state in the beautiful San Juan Islands! My brother & his friend left this afternoon so its just my parents and I for the week. Its pretty chilly up here (in the 40s), so we're doing a lot of hanging out and relaxing, which is just fine with me! Its so funny how it feels 10x colder up here when we were just having weather like this in Texas (although I checked the weather now & its in the 80s, HA! Of course!). Although, it has snowed a little bit, but didn't stick.

The internet and reception are pretty sucky up here (maybe 1 bar...every once in awhile), so we're actually at the library taking advantage of the free wi-fi. Otherwise, things are pretty uneventful. I'm just enjoying sleeping in and laying around (although my parents did bring their Wii Fit!). Its nice to not really have any responsibility, but I miss my dogs like crazy. I realized this is their 6th time in the kennel in a year...eek. I don't know the next time they would potentially go in the next year though, so thats good.

Traveling up here took literally all day on Saturday. I think it ended up being 14 hours in 3 different airports. Two of my flights were delayed, but thankfully I made all my connections and ended up getting here...eventually. It really wasn't so bad, but I was tired! I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get home. I might steal some from my brother because he took some amazing ones!

I doubt I'll update again this week, but I'll be on the way home again on Saturday (another long day!) and then back to the routine...

1 comment:

corkyshell said...

Enjoy your vacation! I am very jealous.