Fellow blogger Kristen needed a place to stay on Tuesday night while her new house on post was being prepared, so I offered our rarely used guest room. Well, my dogs LOVE people. They just can't even contain themselves when guests come over (although the jumping is definitely getting better) and want to spend every waking minute with them. I had to literally drag Scout off the futon because he wanted to stay and snuggle all night. It was pretty cute though. But anyway, they were just so excited about the fact that we had guests that they proceeded to jump up at every single noise throughout the night. Ya, not fun.
Add to a horrible night of sleep the stress of the lawn situation from earlier in the week and Nick's evil truck and it was a recipe for disaster. Thankfully, the lawn has been mowed by my awesome neighbor, I'm assuming the city "inspection" has been done and I passed, and the evil truck is in the process of getting fixed at the shop I took it to in the first place. Phew! We could have saved a little bit of money taking it to a Ford dealership like my husband wanted, but frankly, it would have cost me some of my sanity, and a little money is not quite worth that to me. I still have to pick it up at some point and attempt to sell it, but hey, at least we're making headway! Oh, and thank you, thank you, thank you to my amazing in-laws who pretty much did all of the legwork for me. You are awesome!!!
Otherwise, school has been alright. We're all pretty much fried (kids and teachers alike) and I've had a few difficult moments with my normally good kids. Thankfully, there are only 15 more days of school left, one of which is Field Day!!! I'm pretty excited. I don't know what I'm actually doing that day yet (probably manning a booth), but we get to wear shorts, and goof off! Sounds pretty good to me! There is also supposed to be a dunking booth, which should get pretty interesting. Apparently I'm on the 4th grade dunking wish list, ha ha. Not sure if I want to volunteer for that or not...
I also am officially in a Bible study (finally!)! I hung out with my awesome church battle buddies (Rachel and Alice) last night and we're going to start going through a book called Bad Girls of the Bible, which sounds pretty sweet. That will definitely be a nice consistent accountability group. I'm really excited to start reading and discussing!!!
In other good news, there is a rumor that Nick's unit might come back home in November, rather than December. At this point, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but hey, if it happens, I'll take it!!!
I'm definitely ready for school to be over and my awesome California adventure to begin! I'm probably heading out that way in mid-June now instead of July because of the whole situation with my sister and nephew (he's still in the womb, thank goodness, but my sister is also still in the hospital) because I know my family could use some help and I don't want to miss anything! There isn't too much planned so far for my trip. I'm assuming I'm going to be helping out a lot where I'm needed. I'm also going to be at the in-law's for some of that time too, which should include the Mid-State Fair and my 12 year old sister-in-law's first concert (she invited me last night!!!). I'm pretty excited!
Oh, and we have officially hit the 5 month mark as of yesterday, woohoo! We are almost on the downward slide, thank goodness! I'll do my Month 5 in Review this weekend probably. SWEET!!!
2 comments:
I'm hit the 5th month mark about 2 weeks ago, isn't it amazing!!!!
I'm glad the grass and truck situation is getting worked out. It can be so stressful dealing with everything on your own.
I'm hearing rumors about Matt's unit coming back in October instead of the end of Nov. I'm not counting my chickens either.....
Ugh!!!! I totally feel your pain. Your week sounds exactly like mine with the grass and losing sleep from the doggies.
Hopefully next week will be better and I KNOW life will be better once you're back in Cali :)
Keep truckin!
Post a Comment