Thursday, October 29, 2009

And This

Oh yeah, and I got a notice today from the city saying they're going to turn off my water tomorrow if I don't pay my bill. Lovely. I actually looked through everything and I haven't been getting my bills since July. So, I don't think I should have to pay the Past Due amount (over $100). But, of course, once I figured all this out, they were already closed for the day. But you better believe I'm going to call the city tomorrow and get all this straightened out. It was just yet another thing I really didn't want to have to deal with.

I'm just totally fried and sick of all this junk. It doesn't help that it was a long day today either. I had work (although we only had 5 kids, woo!), then went out to lunch with the ladies I work with and the women who go to the bible study, then went and did "training" for volunteering in a friend's Pre-K class, then of course all the lovely plumbing issues. Obviously, I know I'm capable of dealing with all this. I just really don't want to have to deal with it all by myself anymore. I'm just spent.

I really don't want to have this last month of this deployment be like this, but it seems like everything is just falling on my shoulders right now and I'm overwhelmed and tired. I'm just ready for it to be over already. I know God will get me there, it just still seems so far away. It's just not close enough to feel real yet.

All this comes on the heels of some good news though, actually. Nick heard yesterday that there are spots open for Captain's Course next November, which means that he would be home for over 18 months. Obviously, that would be totally amazing, especially after a year apart. Nothing is for certain yet (this is the Army after all), but it definitely doesn't look like he'd be going any earlier, and the next potential deployment for his unit isn't scheduled for a long time. So there isn't anything in the way. Yay for that!


1 comment:

BSS said...

I hope the Captain's Course works out-- that'd be awesome if he could be home for that long! :)

My husband is doing his CCC now and got a good assignment so he won't deploy again for a long while too! :)