Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Is In the Air

Over the past couple days, the high has been lower than 70 degrees. I love it!!! There's a nice chill in the air and it feels so nice to go outside. Of course, Texas has to throw in a few hot days here and there (the other day it was 88 degrees, and then didn't get above 70 the next day, so weird!), but overall, I'm convinced it actually is fall. Which is good, because it is October after all!

So I'm definitely getting into the fall spirit. I have my Halloween decorations up and ready, and apparently our next battalion coffee is a costume party! I have absolutely no ideas for a costume, any suggestions? I'll probably just be handing out candy on Halloween itself, so I'd rather not break the bank. But honestly, I really can't think of anything, so any and all ideas are welcome!

Not too much going on otherwise. I've felt pretty busy lately, although I don't really know with what. But busy is definitely better than bored. And I am making some progress with the weeds (I hope!), although two neighbors have commented that I need to mow. Ya, I know it looks horrible, but I'm on a mission to pull up as many of those darn weeds as I can!

Oh, I also just got a new computer (which I am writing this on because I finally got the time to start setting it up), woohoo! My old one has been slowly dying and having issues, so this was a must. It's nothing fancy, but I'm pretty excited! Maybe now I won't get the blue screen of death when I'm Skyping with Nick, ha ha.

Alright, time to watch some Army football!


3 comments:

corkyshell said...

Haha below 70? We're in the 50s here in TN and I am freezing!

I too just put up my fall decorations. We're almost there :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It's definitely fall all around! We've hit the 40's here. Look up things at Halloween Mart. They have tons of costumes.

R.A.B. said...

:) Yeah for a new computer! thanks so much for watching our babies!