Monday, October 26, 2009

Are We There Yet?

Now I know we are at the absolute tail end of the deployment, and the end is in sight, but man, I'm so over it. I'm just sick of the fact that my husband is thousands of miles away, and I would really like it if time sped up and he was just home already. I'm still keeping pretty busy, but 2009 has been a long year (and its not over yet), and I just want to be done with it. I know there are bigger and better things in the future, and I would so much rather be there already. Not that this year was a complete waste of time and didn't have its good moments. But, deployments suck. There's no getting around it. And I'm ready to move on already.

And I don't want to just be keeping busy anymore. I'm still in survival mode, trying to ride out this month+ of the end of the deployment. Trying to keep busy and get through it all. There isn't much excitement or variety right now to keep me from focusing on Nick's homecoming and wishing it was now instead of later. And there are just a lot of low, frustrating moments. And I'm just spent. God is graciously getting me through each day, but I just want to be there already. We're so close, and I know we'll get there. I'm just impatient.


3 comments:

CLR said...

I am at exactly the same point. Makes sense since they left at the same time. But yeah, I could have written that whole post because it completely describes how I feel. The past week has been SO long, and while I know I should be happy about 30ish days, instead it feels like forever.

Sorry I have no words of encouragement besides that I know how you feel!

R.A.B. said...

I'm praying for you. Call if you want to watch tv in the evenings or something. Av's in the field for the next two weeks (minus some of the weekend!)

d.a.r. said...

Ahh the last little bit nearly drove me insane, as well. Hang in there, I know how long the days feel!