Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about not being bored. I got really grumpy today and just really didn't feel like doing anything. Sure, there was a lot I could do (weeding, folding laundry, cleaning my car, etc), but I was really not motivated to do any of it. Seriously, who wants to do those things?! But, I didn't really have any better options, so I just kind of got into a monotonous funk.

I think I need some more fun projects. I found some cool felt stockings (since we own a total of 1 stocking) that you make and personalize at Hobby Lobby, but I'm waiting for them to go on sale because they were kind of expensive. I'm also waiting on Nick to approve a paint color for our guest bathroom (so I can paint it!) and a contractor to get back to me on texturing the walls (ya, I gave up on the idea of doing it myself)...those would help move things along a bit.

Oh, and it would help if this deployment was over already. Nick gave me a projected flight date, and it's a little later than I expected. Still well before the 365 day mark, but not quite where I wanted it to be. I know, we're almost there, but it still seems kind of far off.

Until then, I'm just going to keep on keeping on I guess.


No comments: