Friday, October 23, 2009

Fun at Work

I had work again yesterday. Overall it was a really good day. We had a good mix of kids and we kept commenting on how quiet it was. Some of the more "active" boys weren't there, which was definitely a contributing factor. The kids were a bit clingy, and for some reason, I was quite popular! I had one kid on each hip for like half of the time. I feel like I got a good workout in my arms, ha ha. It sounds crazy, but I'm really enjoying that job. It probably helps a bit that it's only once a week, but there are definitely some kids I enjoy seeing. I have a lot of responsibility, but I work with some great ladies, so it's not too bad.

Oh, and we had a lovely little biting incident between the 2 year old set of twin boys. One stole the other one's toy and thus the biting ensued. It was easily dealt with with a time-out and the mom coming to discipline. Honestly though, even with the incident, I really do like that job. It's nothing I can't handle. Boy am I going to be ready for kids, ha ha!

Speaking of training for kids, I had to put both dogs in time-out last night. They were driving me nuts!!! Rufus decided that he wanted to go out and stood at the door barking non-stop when I wouldn't let him out (because he proceeded to bark non-stop outside). And Scout was just doing his normal annoying whiny barking. So much fun! Thankfully, I got my 15 minutes of peace, and they were good from there!

Isn't this deployment over yet?


2 comments:

CLR said...

It's getting closer!! (finally!) Glad you like your job!

corkyshell said...

Tell me about it...I keep asking myself every day!!

Glad your day at work went well, sounds like it makes you happy :)

Oh and speaking of dogs driving you crazy, Dakota is back again with wanting me to throw her toy THOUSANDS of times, ugh.

We're almost there though!!!