Friday, November 20, 2009

1am Wake Up Call

The other night I was abruptly woken up by my security alarm going off. It was definitely not a good sound to wake up to. I was freaked out for a minute, but then I got up the guts (with Scout by my side) to check things out. Because as scary as that is to wake up to, it is also blaringly loud and obnoxious. Apparently I wasn't quite awake enough to think to grab Nick's handgun out of the bedside table (and, of course, didn't think about it until afterwards).

But thankfully, I didn't need it! Apparently, I didn't fully shut the door from the house to the garage earlier that evening. I thought it was funny that it took like 4 hours to creak back open & set off the alarm though. Good times. Needless to say, I didn't sleep quite as well the rest of the night. It wouldn't be a deployment without a little excitement, I guess. Even at the end.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That has happened to me before! But it was the cats setting off the motion detector. Scared the crap out of me!

Herding Chaos said...

GA that would freak me out, definitely wouldn't be able to fall asleep after that!

R.A.B. said...

I did that before too!!!

KLutz said...

I'm glad you're ok and it was nothing serious! That's very scary!