Monday, November 23, 2009

Tick Tock

Time seems like it's slowly creeping by. I know Nick will be home relatively soon and is supposed to be arriving in Kuwait sometime this week, but it still seems so far away. It's not real yet. I think it'll help once we get through that first step of arriving in Kuwait.

I've been keeping busy. Nothing too exciting, but just kind of preparing the house, getting chores done, getting a pedicure (a must), etc. I started working on Nick's stocking last week. Man, it's slow! It's not necessarily hard, but if I mess up, it takes 10x longer because I have to take out stitches, etc. There's just a lot of detail between sequins, beads, and stitches. It's looking pretty cool though. I've been listening to Christmas music while I work on it, which is fun.

I found a Christmas CD one of Nick's high school buddies burned for him, which was pretty sweet. As much as I love Relient K and the Muppets Christmas albums, it was nice to have a little variety. One of my favorites from the CD is the rock version of the Grinch. Love it! It had a whole bunch of amusing songs like that.

So ya, I just feel like I'm in limbo. I'm keeping busy and getting through the day, but it feels like I'm not going anywhere or getting anything done. I know I really am, it's just tough. The first flight flight came in today and I'm totally jealous. Although I'm really happy for the ladies who have their husbands back. I know it will be my turn soon, it just needs to hurry up and get here already!!!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope time flies... I can't imagine how bored you must, and how anxious you must be for him to get home :) I'm so excited for you!

Julie Danielle said...

I felt the same way when I was at the end of our deployment. I hope time will fly by for you :)