Saturday, April 24, 2010

Creativity

So we're having a welcome dinner for our new battalion commander's wife next week and I was asked if I would help out with nametags. Thankfully, one of the new wives was also asked to help too. So, today, she came over and we worked for a few hours on them. Here's how they came out:





I'm pretty excited about the result! Not too shabby considering we had no idea what we were going to do coming into it and were given pretty much free creative control. We were a good complimentary team though. I did the technical stuff (printing, logos), and she did the cutting and layout. Nick said they looked professionally done.

It was really nice getting to know a new person to the unit too. There were a few people who stood out when we were new to the unit, and I'm happy I get to carry on that legacy. She's somebody I just clicked with and we had a good time laughing about my ridiculous dogs (who were actually pretty good) and just chit chatting. I think she and her husband are going to come check out our church tomorrow too! I think our church has become the unofficial church for our brigade, ha ha.

Gotta love that I was slightly stressing about a bunch of our friends moving this summer (like Alice), and now, all of a sudden I feel like we're crazy popular! Yet again, further proof that God is good.


2 comments:

tootie said...

Those came out so cute! Good work!

trooppetrie said...

those name tags are too cute. i love welcoming new people too