Monday, April 12, 2010

Lunch Date

This weekend, I saw on facebook that one of my good friends from college (Jenna H.) was in town. She went to grad school in Dallas, but she was actually nearby where we live. So, I harassed her about not coming to visit me! Well, I got a text this morning that she was staying down here an extra day & wanted to see if I wanted to go out to lunch. Luckily, I didn't have anything going on today & was able to drive down to Austin to see her.

We ate a delicious lunch at a cute little cafe (which Austin has a million of) and had some tasty chips and queso. For you non-Texans, queso is just basically cheese dip. Ours had black beans and avocado, mmmm! After lunch, we ended up wandering around the city. Man, I wish I lived closer to Austin! I'd probably be there every weekend. It's such a cool city.

Anyway, it was so nice catching up with an old friend and just hanging out. We attempted to take some pictures together, but she's as bad with a camera as I am and they ended up being of like our feet and stuff. Too funny!

I'm also excited because she might be moving back to Texas this summer, woohoo! Totally crossing my fingers on that one. It would be awesome to have an old friend to hang out with and an excuse to go to Austin.


1 comment:

KLutz said...

I love Austin too! I always say that Ft Hood wouldn't be so bad if it was about an hour closer to Austin.