Friday, June 4, 2010

3 Years

So Wednesday was our 3 year wedding anniversary! I absolutely can't believe it has been that long!

One of my absolute favorite pictures from our wedding


We didn't do a whole lot on our actual anniversary because that was day 2 of getting all of the battalion's tanks back from Iraq, which Nick was in charge of. Thankfully, it didn't end up being too long of day- nowhere near as long as either of us expected it to be. It was also an interesting day because a lot of Nick's unit left on Wednesday for Louisiana. However, apparently they never put out an official final list of who was going, so when 30 people didn't show up, they started just picking random people to go. Thank goodness Nick was not on that list! I think I would've lost it! There really is no "sure thing" in the Army.

Anyway, we got some awesome phone calls and cards from family as well as some personalized (they say Nick & Courtney) M&Ms from my parents for our anniversary on Wednesday! And we are going out to dinner tonight to officially celebrate! We're going to the same restaurant we went to for Valentine's Day, where Nick ate elk and I had pheasant, yum! We also exchanged gifts on Wednesday. Nick got me a beautiful bracelet with amethysts (my birthstone), and a hammock! The hammock is portable, so we can set it up in the backyard, and take it camping with us too whenever we go next! Woohoo!

I got Nick a book about Vietnam he's wanted forever, Inglorious Basterds on DVD (he LOVED that movie), his name engraved on his bible (because apparently the 3rd anniversary is the leather anniversary) and cooking lessons at the restaurant we're going to tonight! When I showed him the menu for the cooking lessons, he pretty much drooled. I'm not sure when we'll be going (they do the lessons once a month), but it will definitely be delicious!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that picture! Happy Anniversary :)

Alexis said...

Happy Anniversary!! We just had our three year also! Crazy how times flies isn't it??

I left you an award over on my blog!
http://happilyhousehold6.blogspot.com

d.a.r. said...

What a NEAT picture!! I have always drooled over beachy weddings :)

Happy anniversary!!