As a result, I feel like I don't quite have enough time to invest in new things or people. It's just kind of an off time right now. Our young married's class at church is on hiatus for the month, school is out for the summer (and Rachel moved), and pretty much all of our really good friends have left recently. And I can't say I'm terribly excited about work (I'm still doing childcare at our church once a week). It's not bad, it's just I don't do a whole lot besides supervising. So, I'm not feeling overly stimulated, except volunteering at the pregnancy center.
I'm just generally feeling kind of unmotivated and unexcited with my routine, and I'm ready to move on to the next chapter. Oh, and it's really hot outside. That definitely doesn't help much with motivation. But, of course, we still have another 3 months.
So, for now, I guess I'll just focus on getting ready to go. We definitely still have some projects to do around the house and obviously there's a lot of preparation involved with moving.
I mean, 3 months is a long time, so I'm not going to completely shut down and ignore new people and experiences. But, I can't say I'm terribly invested in this place anymore. Is it September yet?
3 comments:
That's how I felt from April on! Best of luck with your house projects and 'staying in TX' while your brain is far away! Miss you.
I have been thinking about taking some of the classes offered at the Arts and Crafts center and would love some company if you are interested. I also want to do the cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby. Also, I wouldn't mind having a gym buddy. I'm trying to do this running thing but I will not be running outside. My thoughts are, that is why god created AC and treadmills. Just let me know if you are interested.
We're heading to Georgia in August for the hubby's school that starts in September!
Post a Comment