Nick came home from work & I started making chicken pot pie for dinner. I threw everything in a bowl and mixed it up, then asked Nick what veggies he wanted me to add (he eats very few vegetables, most of which are recent addtions to his diet). When it was ready, I served it up and after a few bites, Nick said "Where's the chicken?". Yup, I forgot the CHICKEN part of the chicken pot pie. DUH! I knew I forgot something, but I obviously got caught up in the veggie part and forgot to look at the recipe again.
I also drove all the way to the commissary (military grocery store) on Monday and as I was walking in, realized I had completely forgotten my coupons at home. I then proceeded to laugh and relegate grocery shopping to the next day. I also loaded the dishwasher and added soap, but didn't start it right away because it's loud. Then, when Nick asked for some ice water before bed, I realized that I never actually started it. Ya, caffeine has definitely been my friend this week!
Oh, and I keep forgetting to say that I recently found out another one of my friends is going to be in Georgia when we are! We actually were at this same post together 3 years ago too, although I was only there for about a month. So awesome though! It's a good thing this move is sneaking up on me (somehow it's only about 2.5 months away!) because it's going to be sweet! I can't wait to hang out with all my buds and my dogs are definitely excited for all the doggy play dates in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment