Wednesday, June 9, 2010

PWOC

It has been a long time since I was consistently in a bible study. The last time I was in one that lasted more than a few weeks was probably in college. And my job was doing childcare for the last ladies' bible study my church had, so I couldn't exactly participate in that.

Nick, on the other hand, was in a fabulous bible study in Iraq, and has been in one through our church when he's home. I have to admit, I've been a little jealous of him, and have recently been trying to find one of my own.

I had heard of a few, but unfortunately, most conflicted with my schedule. Well, since school is out for the summer, my Tuesdays freed up and yesterday, I tried out PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) on post. It's something they have at every Army post, which is cool, and I already planned on going with my friend Jenny when we get to Georgia.

So far, I really like it! And I came at a really good time because they're starting a new study in 2 weeks! Woohoo! Next week they're actually doing Vacation Bible School, but they need people to help, so I said I would. I was actually kind of bummed I wouldn't be able to help out with VBS this year, but now I can! I totally loved teaching my nephew's class last year, and I know he's bummed I can't help out this year.

Anyway, it was just a really great group of friendly ladies and it's nice already having something major in common. Pretty funny though, I managed to find and talk to someone who is originally from about 10 minutes from where my parents live. Weird! I'm excited to get started with the fellowship and community though in the coming weeks.


2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

I LOVE PWOC. It is the best :) That is great that you found it too :)

Jeannette said...

I love my PWOC! I can't wait until they start up again this fall. We only have a couple meetings during the summer here.