So, we booked tickets for our respective trips a few weeks ago and since it was last minute, I decided to make it a surprise. The only person I told my sister Whitney (the one not having a birthday) to see if she could pick me up from the airport. So, I managed to surprise my entire family! It was such a great surprise!
We went right from the airport to my sister Hillary's house and she was totally shocked. She said something like "You're not supposed to be here!" and "How did I not know about this? I know about everything!". Love it! Then, she got involved in getting my parents over to her house, which I think she enjoyed almost as much as me surprising her! My parents were totally speechless when they saw me. It was great.
So, it was a fantastic weekend of quality time with the fam! I got to spend tons of time with my niece and nephews, which is always totally priceless. One of the hardest parts about living so far away is missing out on time with them. The birthday party was a blast too, of course! My sister has some fun pictures on her blog if you'd like to see them. My nephew is doing sooo well, and it was great seeing him rolling over and sitting up and just being an adorably happy little guy. I couldn't stop smooching his chubby little cheeks!
Nick had a wonderful weekend too and is ready to move up to Colorado, which is good, since it's our first choice for our next move! He hiked Pike's Peak, went to an Irish pub, and just explored the beauty of Colorado.
We're both definitely enjoying being back home in Texas (although I think Nick could do without being back at work), but we had great trips! It was nice being in a little cooler weather as well, especially considering it was 80 degrees here when we woke up early on Saturday morning to catch our flights!
1 comment:
Aw that's awesome! Surprises are the best! Have fun :)
Post a Comment