I'm one of those people who desperately needs their sleep, and lots of it. Without it, my patience becomes non-existent and I function well below my normal level. So, having it interrupted for 3 nights in a row did not make for a fun few days. Plus, my tummy started acting up too. Not so much fun. I definitely have a new respect for parents, especially those who are up every few hours with their kids on a regular basis. Don't worry, I understand that these two are definitely not equal- I just got up & let a dog out. There were no diapers being changed, or babies being rocked or fed. I'm just that much more impressed with parents because I could barely handle this, ha ha.
Anyway, the rest of the week was fairly uneventful, or maybe I just don't remember it because I was half asleep, ha ha. I had a busy day at the pregnancy center on Wednesday. I got to go in and observe one of the counselors again, and it was definitely a good learning experience. I also found out I'm going in with the center director next week, which means I'll be doing it on my own soon, eek! I'm hoping she'll take the lead for the first one, since I haven't had a chance to observe her yet. Then, she'll be in there to observe me taking the lead. Definitely a little nerve-wracking, but I'm not too anxious. Everybody keeps telling me I'm ready & I feel pretty good about it, but it's still a pretty big deal. So prayers for that would be awesome.
Otherwise, I've just been staying indoors as much as possible because it's crazy hot out. Oh Texas in the summertime...
1 comment:
I hear you on the sleep thing - I have no clue how I'm going to do it when it comes time for that baby stuff :P
Hope you and the pup feel better (and you get more sleep!).
Post a Comment