So I'm on vacation with the fam for the week. They kidnapped me and convinced me to take a week off work (Monday was the first day back from break) and we are currently in St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. It’s absolutely beautiful here! I'll have to put some pictures up when I get back...my camera is acting up at the moment. It’s weird because its Atlantic Standard Time here (1 hour later than Eastern Standard), which I didn't even know existed. But, its only 7 hours earlier than Iraq, so Nick has been able to call around lunchtime here, which is a nice change from morning and evening.
Yesterday we went on a boat trip to some of the other Virgin Islands (Virgin Gorda, St. John, etc) which was lots of fun. And today we just hung out at our amazing villa. We have a pool and our own little patch of beach and plenty of sun! My dad's entire side of the family is here, so there are 19 of us! Thankfully we're not crowded, but its definitely a big group! Its weird without Nick here. I’m having fun with my family, but can’t stop thinking about it being just that much better if Nick was here. Its hard because we’ve gone to so many tropical places together and I know he would love this place. But I'm doing alright.
I'm here until Saturday, and then I go back to Texas again and start work back up on Monday. Its weird to think that everyone else at my school is back, and I'm hoping my sub is doing well. I think this week they might actually be testing, which is probably better for a sub, thankfully. Otherwise things are good.
Nick has called pretty much every day. We're still waiting on his internet for his room, boo. He told me today though that they may not get it because they'll probably be at an outpost (basically another base) for like 4 days a week, so it wouldn't quite be worth it to pay for internet. Oh well. As long as he can contact me, I'm pretty happy. He has gone off base a few more times and said he was basically "mauled" by Iraqi children, ha ha. I think they're still kind of transitioning (they're taking over for another unit that’s about to leave), but they should be done with that soon. He sounds good, but busy.
Only a few more days of paradise, and then back to reality...
3 comments:
Ooooh sounds like a wonderful vacation!!!
We haven't had internet since Z got there. He occasionally will email me from the office. But we haven't IMed, used Skype, etc. To be honest? I don't miss it as much as I thought I would!
Ah, I miss Virgin Gorda. St. Thomas was so much fun! I'm glad that you are having fun in the sun!
I just came across your blog and saw St. Thomas and had to read it. That's were my hubby and I got married. I miss it so...I miss him so...He is in Afghanistan right now. Can't wait to see the photos. Did you visit Magen's Bay while you were there? That is the beach we were married on. I hope you had a blast.
Post a Comment