Monday, March 2, 2009

Worn Out

So as fun as this weekend is, I think I need to slow down a little bit. With my new schedule at work, the only real break I have all day is my 30 minute lunch...and even that hasn't been completely solid lately.

Due to aides being out and whatever, we've been ridiculously short-staffed in the cafeteria during my duty. I have been told more than once that I might have to stay later and push my lunch back...um, to when? I literally don't have any other time in the day. Thankfully, it hasn't come to that, but its just really frustrating to hear. And this new lunch duty is waaay more stressful. It isn't the kids or anything, its just the fact that it does not run smoothly by any means. So thats not helping matters. And doesn't really help my attitude about my job.

And when I come home, the dogs pretty much need to be walked immediately so they don't drive me nuts. And then I try to get my daily work out in so I can shower at a reasonable hour. So at this point, its about 6:30 or 7 when I can finally relax. And thats on days when I don't have to run errands or do chores around the house. Phew.

I'm just burning out. And I'm realizing how far away R&R is. Yes, we're almost done with 3 months, but we have like 6 more to go until I get to see my husband for those precious 2 weeks. Good times. I'm doing alright, just a little worn out. The stress of taking care of a house & 2 dogs and working full time is just stressing me out a little. Its moments like these where I'm glad I'm not a teacher. Only 2 weeks until Spring Break...thank goodness!


2 comments:

Mary P. said...

Hey Kiddo,
I hear ya about being over scheduled and waaayyyy over tired. Yikes! I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. It's like I'm running a major marathon in last place!! That's even with getting up at 6am to get a jump start on everything. I can't wait for this vacation. Ahhhh! Wahoo!!!

Herding Chaos said...

Hang in there!!! Take 5 minutes when you get home, close the door to your bedroom and take 5 deep breaths!

HUGS!!