We are a military family currently living in California so that Nick can attend graduate school
We have two beautiful boys and are pursuing God's call to adopt a child from China
James 1:37
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Big Sap
So I just watched last night's episode of the Biggest Loser, and when the contestants went home to see their families, I totally teared up. If you know me, I am so not a crier. There are very few things that would normally make me tear up, the least of which is a reality show. I don't think I ever had a reaction to anything like that before the deployment. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm just surprised by my own reaction. And I've totally had the same reaction when family members come on Survivor, or there are letters and videos from home. Obviously, there is a common factor here. I know what it's like to be separated from and reunited with with a someone after a long period of time. It just tugs at my heart strings to see other people going through that. So thanks deployment for making me a big old sap.
2 comments:
Oh goodness, I cry all of the time during Biggest Loser. But deployment has made me cry a little bit more at homecoming/reunion pictures!
me, too! Avery laughs at me! I was tearing up too and sometimes I have a big ole cry!
Post a Comment