Thankfully, we barely squeaked out of this deployment and are still set to move to Georgia this fall. And, I mean, we barely squeaked out! Officially, anyone who does not have a report date to a school or another unit before November 5th is deploying with the unit. When is Nick's report date, you ask? Oh, November 1st!
It's moments like these where I have no choice but to completely surrender to God and trust that He is in control, no matter what. If Nick's report date was 4 days later, he would be deploying again early next year. Four little days could have meant a completely different year for us next year. That is just amazing to me. I mean, I've always known that nothing is a "sure thing" with the Army, but wow.
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:34
Matthew 6:34
2 comments:
Oh I'm so happy for you!
My hubby didn't tell me because I was already 7 months pregnant and EMOTIONAL!... but if he hadn't decided at the last minute to take those couple days of leave to drive me home and then head up here... he would have deployed with them and missed LB's birth.
God really is good.
Jennifer was telling me Matt's was moved up. Mac's got moved up too but not that far. Glad you are missing it, wish we were.
Post a Comment