Yesterday started out really well with a call from Nick :). He didn't end up calling me on Monday night, but that was alright because it would have been like 1am. So, he called me right after I woke up which was really nice. It was really good to get to talk to him, although I feel like we're still kind of in the awkward stage where neither of us is really used to him being gone yet. And I had just woken up, which wasn't too good either. It was still nice to hear his voice though and be able to talk to him. Haven't gotten another call from him yet, but I'm still pretty much on a high from yesterday. Anyway, he made it to Kuwait and they've been doing shooting ranges and classes and stuff. They haven't gotten their tanks yet, which is surprising because they sent them months ago. Weird. He sounded like he was doing pretty well though.
The rest of the day entailed work (good as usual), walking the dogs (thankfully it was in the 30s this time), both of my sisters calling me (thanks Hill & Whit!), a trip to the vet (Scout needed a shot), and doing my bible study. The best part was a trip to Old Navy for some Christmas shopping, where they had a 20% military discount. I got 5 things for $80, woo! Thanks for the heads-up Mallory! By the time I got home and had a chance to relax, it was almost time for bed, phew! I'm slightly stressed about getting everything done in time to go home on Friday, but its definitely keeping me busy, and I think I have a game plan. That means I have to pack up all the dogs' food tonight though, ick.
Today was good, although I came home to Rufus' second accident in 2 days. I think he's mad Nick is gone or something. Its just weird because he's been housetrained for months and I don't remember the last accident he had. It was on the tile in the kitchen though, at least. Oh well.
Work was really great today because the kids made Christmas cards and I got like 10-15. Definitely made me smile! They're too cute. Tomorrow we're having Christmas parties and I bought some candy canes to give out because I know a few kids are going to get me something. I don't think I'll ever feel lonely or neglected while I have this job!
1 comment:
Busy is a good thing!
Sorry about the doggie accidents. Both Dakota & Daisy had one the first night. Hope it gets better :)
Post a Comment