Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Nick called me early this morning (but not too early!) to wish me a Merry Christmas! Although I'm not normally a morning person, I would gladly wake up to talk to him. I think we've finally reached our phone call groove and its not really awkward anymore, yay! Doesn't sound like theres much Christmasy stuff going on over there, unfortunately. He even missed the company football game, boo. I think he's just happy with the simple things at this point though, so I'm glad I got to talk to him. I think we're focusing on the fact that he should (crossing fingers!) be home for Christmas next year.

The Christmas Eve service was absolutely beautiful last night. At the end, we all sang Silent Night by candlelight...ah, I love that church. Even being away for 2 years, I still feel like its home. I'm just so glad we found a church in Texas that we love just as much.

We'll be opening presents in another hour or so. Things are obviously not as urgent when the "baby" of the family is 21. For now though, I'm just content to hear the rain falling (the best we can do for Christmas in California) and enjoy the quiet. Merry Christmas!

No comments: