My whole family (minus Nick obviously) was in one house over the last few days and it was crazy (in a good way). It seems so quiet now without my niece and nephew screaming and running around. We've been able to see them a lot though, which is always good. They are the cutest things ever, I swear. We went over to my gramma's house last night for a delicious dinner that would make Nick really jealous, so I'm not going to mention what we had. My gramma said maybe we can have the same menu next year though, which I know he would be excited about!
The dinner was really fun, but Nick has gone to the it for the last 2 years, so it just brought it into sharper focus that he wasn't there. I swear, I'm not doing that badly, but the little things just make me remember his absence. I do much better when I'm busy and not focused on him, but its also nice to get to relax.
And, Nick has had more opportunities to call me since I'm not working, so that is good. We've had about 20 minute conversations each the last few days, which has been great. I don't think any amount of talking will ever be "enough" though. But we haven't been rushed and he hasn't been falling asleep on the phone, so I can't complain too much. Things are going well for him. He's definitely antsy to get out of Kuwait already. And he definitely appreciates all of the support he's recieved, so thank you! I think there might be a few packages waiting for him when he gets to Iraq! Yay!
Tonight we're going up to our old church (where Nick and I met actually!) for their Christmas Eve service and I'm really excited about that. I haven't been to their Christmas service in years and it is always spectacular. Maybe that will get me more into the Christmas spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment