Friday, December 5, 2008

Cookie Recipe

So I just made Christmas cookies with my sisters-in-law, and thought that some of you might like my cookie recipe! I used it to make cookies with Nick a few weeks ago too. Its a family recipe (I think it comes from you Gram?) and is delicious! They're called Butter Cookies and they work either with cookie cutters or a cookie press. Keep in mind though, they're called Butter Cookies for a reason...the recipe calls for 1/2 pound butter. Here is the super easy recipe:

1/2 lb Butter
1 Egg
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour

Preheat oven to 325. Cream butter & sugar. Add egg & vanilla. Add flour slowly (I usually add about a 1/2 cup at a time). Bake for 8-10 minutes.

And thats it! I usually put sprinkles on before I bake them when I use a cookie press. Or they can be frosted if you use cookie cutters. YUM! Enjoy!


No comments: