So the whole story from yesterday is that Nick's flight was delayed (he was originally supposed to leave at 9am but ended up leaving at 10pm) because of bad weather on the East Coast. They were supposed to stop somewhere on the East Coast to refuel for the first leg, but they ended up just flying to Ireland. He should be on the way to Kuwait next, I think. I felt so bad for Nick though because he basically sat around since I left at 1:30am the night before. I think he slept for about an hour.
I could've gone back and hung out with him, but we both agreed that saying goodbye was too hard the first time and we didn't want to go through it again. It would've been nice to see him, and it was weird that he was still here, but it would've just been prolonging the inevitable. Definitely not fun, quality time together either.
I went to church this morning, which was a little weird without Nick. Thankfully I had someone to sit with (Rach!) and ended up going out to lunch with "Heroes at Home"- the group of spouses of deployed soldiers. I didn't go to the group this morning, but will definitely be starting up when I get back from CA in January. I met another wife from Nick's brigade, so I won't be the only one at the beginning of the deployment (everybody else that I know of in the group is nearing the end). So ya, pretty good day so far. My only real plan for the rest of the day is to do my Christmas cards and watch Die Hard (that's a Christmas movie, right?). And maybe I'll take a nap too since I have work tomorrow...
1 comment:
I got an email from Ireland too! Wasn't that the best? Day 2 definitely is much better, I have felt so much better today. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you!
Christa
Post a Comment