Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Army...

So the Army/Navy game just ended. Despite donning all of our Army attire and watching and cheering them on, they lost miserably to Navy. Booo! I had a little hope that Army would win this year since their season was decent, and I know it would've been a huge morale boost for Nick. But alas, not so much. Oh well. It was still fun to watch and yell at the TV. And Army's Spirit Videos were way better than Navy's, of course! I mean, who else could get Chuck Norris to jump out of an airplane, ha ha!

I still have lots of Army pride and spirit and am really proud of my husband and all of the other current and future officers. And I guess Navy is alright too, although they don't kick nearly as much butt.

Anyway, I did get to go to one Army/Navy game while Nick was at West Point in 2006 (his senior year). It was sooo much fun and apparently I picked a good one to go to, because it was only 40 degrees in Philly that year. My favorite memory was walking up the stairs with a fellow West Point girlfriend. We noticed the Corps of Cadets lining up to march on the field, and she made the awesome suggestion that we scream "Go Army, Beat Navy!". The entire Corps got riled up and started cheering. It was pretty awesome.

Like Nick said though, this can't go on forever. One day, Army will start winning again. Maybe next year...


1 comment:

corkyshell said...

40 degrees?!?!? I went all 4 years and the highest temp rounded off to a whooping 20 degrees.

And Jodi Picoult has a ton of books...All of them are hard to put down.

The only one I didn't care for entirely was The Tenth Circle.

My two favorites were Vanishing Acts, Change of Heart, and I absolutely loved Nineteen Minutes.

I def recommed her!