Sunday, December 28, 2008

Marley & Me

So I just got back from seeing Marley & Me with the fam...wow. I read the book this summer and I had the same reaction to the end of the movie as I did to the end of the book. I was literally bawling starting like halfway through it. I think part of the problem is that I desperately miss my dogs and oh wait, thats right, I have a Lab!!!

Although he (Scout) wasn't quite as destructive as Marley (he had his moments though), just seeing the mannerisms of "Marley" made me miss my baby boy. Right now my parent's Golden Retriever can console me, at least, but I don't wanna wait two more weeks to see my babies!!! Brinkley (my parent's dog) is cute and all, but he doesn't snuggle with me at night or lick me to death or lay his head on my chest. I guess the pictures of my puppies I put on my new iPhone will have to do it for now...or maybe I'll seek out the million videos I've taken of the dogs hidden somewhere on my computer.

I'll probably be counting down the seconds until I go pick them up from the kennel though.

1 comment:

tootie said...

I loved the movie, too! I was worried that it wouldn't be as good as the book (because I loved the book), but I thought it was just as funny and touching.