So the dogs got ridiculously excited when we picked them up & they saw us. Scout is a lot skinnier than when we dropped him off, but he was getting on the chunky side, so its not too bad. I'll be taking him to the vet for his kennel cough vaccination soon, so I'll see how much he weighs. He looks good though, not like when we first got him.
And Rufus looked like a crazed dog. His winter coat has come in & we had been brushing him a lot to smooth it down. Well, we didn't leave a brush or anything at the vet, so his hair was all over the place. Pretty cute.
The boys laid down and slept like the whole drive back, so I think they had some fun at the kennel. Glad we found a good, (relatively) cheap place. Boy, I missed those guys though. Its going to be positively torture when I have to leave them for 3 weeks over Christmas. We were literally looking at pictures and videos of them. They really are our kids.
We had some fun surprises when we got home tonight. Apparently our house was egged at some point when we were gone...awesome. And, I had ordered a bench for the backyard online and we had some friends come and check the house for packages and stuff. Well, they mentioned that they never saw it & it wasn't here when we got home. I checked the shipping and FedEx delivered it the day before Thanksgiving...ya, it looks like it was stolen. So its a great start to a week that is obviously going to be a little stressful...can't wait.
I'm off to relax and attempt to recover from the frustrations and day of traveling. Scout looks like he's up for a snuggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment