Monday, December 22, 2008

Long Phone Call

I got to talk to Nick for about 20 minutes today and it was wonderful. Its his birthday and I know his family and I were really bummed we didn't get to spend it with him. Today was also great because he was actually awake and alert for our conversation. He hasn't really been all there for the last few conversations, so that made today's conversation even better. I kind of had a hard time last night seeing all of my family at a Christmas party and answering questions about Nick's deployment and stuff, so this was a much-needed conversation. And Nick practically wrote me a novel on Facebook.

Anyway, I'm having a great time with my family and am getting plenty of relaxing in. I even got to babysit the little ones on Saturday (I need to upload pictures eventually)! Christmas is definitely quickly approaching! We baked a whole bunch of Christmas cookies yesterday and I wrapped all of my presents today. Things are going pretty well. I definitely miss my puppies though. I don't have anyone to snuggle with!!!


1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Don't worry if there are growing pains as yall get used to having a phone/email relationship. There were several (most) conversations in the beginning of this deployment where we were like "okay, I have nothing else to say...". It gets better :)

Glad you got to hear from him, hang in there!!!