I swear though, the things I do for those two! They are definitely keeping me sane and are really good snugglers at night. I woke up at one point last night and I was pretty much pinned in between them. I wish I had a camera. Its definitely nice to have a warm body to snuggle up to.
So, Deployment Day 3 went pretty well. I wasn't too excited about getting up early for work this morning, but the day went by fast. I feel like I looked up and it was time to go to my last class! It was a pretty typical day and my kids were awesome as usual. I'm really bummed though because Nick called me THREE times at lunch and I didn't think to look at my phone on silent IN MY POCKET. Grrr. I'm definitely going to turn my phone on vibrate during lunch from now on. I was totally checking my phone throughout the day too. I could kick myself (and I actually almost cried)! He said he was going to call back sometime tonight at least though. Otherwise I'd really be mad at myself. He's made it to Kuwait and got a phone card, so yay!
After work, I sent off my Christmas cards (YAY!) and attempted to find a Wii Fit...ya no luck. I'm trying to spend Christmas money on it and I think I waited waaay too long. I'll have to figure something out, but I'm thinking I can always get one for my birthday in February. Bummer though. One of my deployment goals is working out more and that was going to help a lot. I'll figure something out though.
So ya, I did a bit better today, but the little things keep reminding me of him and bumming me out a little. I should get started on trying to fill up the rest of the night (the worst time of day for me, ick). 3 days down though and the Donut of Misery (excel spreadsheet with a countdown until Nick comes home) is officially at 1%, woo!
3 comments:
Aw sucky about the missed call!!! Your Donut will pick up quickly, I'm already over 20 % done with the deployment and almost 40% to R&R!!! It goes fast!
Wii Fit is amazing.
Try Target. Or worse case scenario, I could send you one becuase they had like 20 of them back home and I'll be there on Friday.
Go you for walking the dogs! Isn't it crazy how easily they become the number 1 spot after our hubbys leave? haha.
Congrats on 1%. It's sooo hard not to look at it everyday. But if you peak at it once a week it makes the time go by a LOT faster.
You can do it!
Post a Comment