Friday, December 26, 2008

4%

So I looked at my Donut of Misery (excel spreadsheet with a countdown until Nick comes home) this morning and we have made it to 4%, woohoo! I feel like thats somewhat of an accomplishment since the last time I looked at it, I think it was 1%. I've obviously been resisting a peek for awhile. Somehow knowing that we're at least making progress makes the fact that was have 50 more weeks (ick) less scary. I'm trying to focus on the little numbers though, not the big ones.

Christmas yesterday was awesome. My family has such skill in making it last all day long. We opened presents (not continuously though) until about 5pm. Both sets of grandparents came over and we had lots of good food. It still wasn't quite the same without Nick, but I had a good time. And, of course, we topped off the night with the greatest Christmas movie ever...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I swear, its not Christmas in our house without that movie...classic!

Today and the rest of vacation should be pretty chill. The big plan for the day is going to pick out my new iPhone (WOO!) with my dad. And I am going to see a few friends next week and visit the in-laws over New Years. Then we're off on a trip to St. Thomas, where the high is in the 80s and so is the water temperature! I'm not going to know what to do with myself!!!


2 comments:

d.a.r. said...

I have two Donuts going--one for R&R and one for homecoming. I found it was easier to just look at the R&R one for the first two months :) The other one didn't move quite as fast :)

I'm already over 40% to R&R, it goes so much quicker than you think!

Enjoy time with your fam.

CLR said...

YAY that's what mine says! 4% for the whole thing, 6% for R&R! It's a good feeling watching it get bigger :)