Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Heart the Internet

Today I woke up and was bummed out that, yet again, I hadn't heard from Nick. I counted the days in my head and realized it had only been 3 days since I talked to him last. It felt like forever. Pretty much as soon as I woke up, I checked my iPhone (I know, I'm addicted already!) and nothing. I had sent him a message on Facebook last night and made sure to check if he had written me back. Then all of a sudden, a message from Nick appeared!!! As I started to write him back, an IM popped up!!!

They haven't set up the internet in his room yet, but he went and used the free internet. We talked online for a good 20 minutes. It was sooo awesome. I even pulled out my list of things I wanted to tell him (thanks iPhone!). We also talked about R&R and apparently most of the guys with kids want to come home in the summer. Boo. I definitely don't want him to take away time from them, but its frustrating because I have 3 whole months off this summer.

So Nick is shooting for September or October now. I'll have to take time off for it, which is fine because my leave starts over again for the next year of school. But, they might not be very happy with me if I take a whole month off after Nick gets home (probably around January)...hmm. Obviously nothing is certain yet, but I can't help but slightly stress about it. We'll figure it out when it gets closer. And I told him to jump on any openings in the summer if they come up.

I'm very happy to have heard from him though. I think I'd last longer without hearing from him if I was busier, but 3 days was definitely my limit while on vacation.


1 comment:

R.A.B. said...

YEAH for hearing from him. Have Nick stress that you are a TEACHER and that it's very important that you be there when the kids are there. That's what we did and we got a summer slot!!! :)